Friday, August 5, 2011

TGIF

It's Friday!! WOO HOO! So ready for the weekend and to get to spend 2 full days with my little man!! Weekends have taken on a whole new excitment. Not just for sleeping in anymore and being able to run errands or lay around and be lazy, but to spend all day with my little family!!

Today started off as just 'one of those days'. Bad hair day, bad outfit day, running late, Brock had a wet diaper I had to change while getting ready, it started POURING down rain JUST as I was going to take him to the car to leave, just one thing after the other. Things that usually would have put me in one of those 'why me' bad moods for the rest of the day. But, as I was driving to drop him off at my mom's this morning, he was just in the backseat smiling and laughing away. How in the world can you be in a bad mood and let little petty things get to you, when you have such a miracle in your backseat?

It really made me put things in perspective and turned my what would have been a year ago bad day and bad mood, into a great day! Everyday with that little man can be nothing but great. As cheesy as that sounds and I know there will be tough days ahead, I just feel unbelievably lucky and BLESSED to have the chance to be his mommy.

He takes happiness to a whole new level and I mean, come on, how can you NOT smile and just LOVE this face?

No comments:

Post a Comment