Wednesday, August 10, 2011

12 week mark!

12 weeks old

I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but our little angel boy is 12 weeks old today!! I know everyone says it when you have kids, but seriously the time has flown! This is the same length as a pregnancy trimester and I can guarantee none of them felt like they went this quickly! We were just talking the other night how it seems like it's gone so fast, yet at the same time it feels like he's been with us forever! On one hand there are still days I have to remind myself I'm not pregnant anymore (like when trying to eat for two...lol!) and then there are days where I feel like that was so long ago I can barely remember what it was like.

There is no doubt this has been the most emotional 12 weeks of my life. It's been the hardest, scariest, happiest and hands down most fun 3 months! The first few weeks were tough. Getting used to no sleep and trying to adjust to this new little human that needed me for everything. Then at the 4 week mark we started to get the hang of it and by week 6 it was just downright fun!! We were blessed with such a wonderful baby - not very fussy, eats well, sleeps like a champ, so it started to get really fun, really quickly. He started to smile on purpose around the 4 week mark and it turned into bigger 'laughs' by about week 6. Now he laughs at everything and everyone and it's so much fun!!

I had to work from home this morning and it was a little bittersweet. I loved the extra time with him, but it also made me a little sad. It reminded me of being home with him for maternity leave and how even THAT feels like so long ago. I miss those days so much and can't believe it's already been 4 weeks since I came back to work. I would give anything to slow down time and be able to spend more time with him. It seems like there is no amount of time in the world that would be enough!!

My dad and Pat (Meme and Poppy) are coming up tonight and I know they are going to LOVE playing with him for the next couple of days! He's just so much fun!! They don't get to see him as often as his other grandparents so it'll be so great for them to get 2 whole days with just him and then we have a fun filled weekend planned.

I'll end with a few things Brock is up to at 12 weeks:
- He LOVES to play patty cake and have his hands clapped together
- He smiles when he wakes up in the mornings and talks up a storm on his changing table
- He wears 3-6 month clothes (and has been for awhile)
- He doesn't hate bathtime, but it's not always his favorite
- He goes to sleep so well...even if he's not totally tired, he'll lay in his crib and talk and watch his 'stars' until he falls asleep (we do have to go pop his binkie back in a couple of times first). He usually falls asleep within about 10-15 mins of being laid in his crib
- He eats 5 to 6 oz bottles 5 times a day and still has his 4 oz bottles twice a night
- He's not a total fan of tummy time, but he's been holding his head up for so long so he'll tolerate it
- He picks his head up off the back of his carseat and sometimes off of my legs if he's laying on me
- He has started grabbing things near his hands - his clothes, burp rags, Mommy's necklace, Mommy's hair

What we're working on now:
- Rolling over - this one is tough because we don't ever want to put him down for tummy time! LOL!  But, I know we've got to let him try so every night we do Tummy Time for at least a little while
- Grabbing at toys - he'll bat at things sometimes, but he hasn't really grabbed on to his toys if they are sitting in front of him. He only grabs things that are already in his hand or near his hands

Nicknames:
- Boo boo/boo boo bear
- Brockie/Brockie boy
- Boogie/boogie bear/boogie boy
- Bubba/Bubs

Here's a picture of my little boo boo bear today:

No comments:

Post a Comment