Monday, October 24, 2011

A week of firsts!!

5 months, 1 week old!

Sooooo, it's been a little over a week since my last post and man, what a busy week it's been!! Brock has a whole list of 'firsts'!

First trip out of state AND on an airplane. He was his usual perfect little self on the airplane. Slept like a total champ most of the way there and all the way home. However, someone replaced our usually chill, sweet, never has a problem sleeping infant with a waking every 2 hours newborn!! I think he was just out of sorts so he didn't sleep well in the crib the hotel provided OR even in bed with us. The air was soooo dry up there so the poor little guy was so stuffed up! The rest of the trip was great!! Brock stayed with my friend Kristin's mom Sophie and had so much fun with her! Nick and I got a chance to have a nice, 'adult' dinner at this goregous steakhouse overlooking all of Denver. It was wonderful!

Another first, his first 'word'. I'm not totally counting it as a word yet, because it's not on purpose! LOL! But when he is upset or wants something he'll start sort of whining and saying 'da da da da da'. So yes, he kind of says 'da da', but again, it's not on purpose so I'm not counting it yet! HAHAHAHA!!

This past weekend, he had his first cereal!! He LOVED it! I wasn't sure how he would react, but I anticipated a funny face so I made sure Nick had the video camera ready. And he didn't disappoint. The first few bites were met with some hilarious faces, but after that, he wanted more and more and more! Within just a few bites, he learned to open his mouth for me to put the spoon in for another bite. I don't know if all babies do that, but I like to think he's just super smart (and realllly loves food!).
Here is a picture of him with the cereal all over his mouth:
It's kind of fun feeding him with a spoon and watching him open his mouth for another bite! I'm excited for him to start trying new foods and to see what he likes and doesn't! I'm praying he's not picky like me!!!!

He tagged along with me this weekend to go wedding dress shopping with Erin. He was checking out all the ladies, but was a total angel the whole time! We had Drew/Erin's engagement party on Saturday night and afterwards, Nick went out with some friends so Brockie snuggled with mommy in bed until he came home.

Sunday we went to the Pumpkin Patch with Kristin, Tracy and their families. I was a total space cadet and totally forgot our camera!! Luckily, they both had cameras and got some cute pictures of the babies! Brock and Madison modeled their Halloween costumes. Brock slept most of the time we were there and we got in the car to head home and didn't realize how long it had been since he had eaten! Poor baby cried the whole way home!! We were giving Brett a ride home and he was joking that he couldn't believe it because he'd never heard him cry before!

Since I missed last weeks post on his 5 month b-day, here are his 5 month facts:
- rolling over from back to tummy in his crib
- eating cereal
- sleeping about 10-11 hours a night
- still taking the 6 -7 oz bottles, 5-6 times a day
- NO TEETH YET, but I know they are coming soon
- OBSESSED with dogs, he thinks Oscar and especially Taz are so hilarious
- loves to be tossed up in the air
- sitting up more on his own
- grabbing things with both hands (and then usually taking them straight to his mouth)
- uses his right arm like a hammer...if he has a toy, he chops it up and down

No comments:

Post a Comment