Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Tazmanian Devil

11 months, 3 weeks, 5 days (just not ready to count his age in years yet!)

We are rapidly approaching the big day!! My sweet angel boy will be a year old in 2 days!! I can't believe it! His party is on Saturday and I am SO excited! We have been going crazy getting everything ready and getting his gifts! I got a little emotional over the weekend at Toys R Us. Before the craziness begins - I want to thank my amazing husband. He has given in to my crazy and allowed me to be a little over the top with some things for the party. He has been nothing but supportive and helpful! He's even been sucked into slave labor a couple of times!

I'm just so unbelievably proud of my little man and to get to be his mommy! I can't believe it's been a year and at the same time, it feels like longer! It's like our lives didn't exist before him. We had a wonderful life before but it just doesn't seem possible since he wasn't there. He makes every morning better, every evening more exciting and every day happier.

We've had quite the week at the Barbosa household. Nick knocked it out of the park for my first 'official' Mother's Day. Brockie got me a sweet card and a Michael Kors clutch I'd had my eye on. Since he had completely outdone himself for my birthday, I didn't expect HIM to get me anything for Mother's Day, but of course that morning, Nick had a card and season tickets to Starlight Theater for me! I have never felt so special as I have these last few weeks! We enjoyed brunch with my mom and sister, a little down time in the afternoon, then dinner with Nick's entire family. Brock enjoyed all the food that's for sure!!

Brock has always been pretty 'wild' but it seems like it's kicked up a notch! He seems even more mobile and somehow louder all at the same time! Nick and I looked at each other at one point on Sunday and just laughed. He was totally entertaining  himself crawling all over the living room/dining room, yelling and talking along the way. At one point, he even looked up at the TV and was yelling at the people on it!

He really has started to like Sesame Street and has a few little Elmo books. He picked up saying Elmo really really quickly and would always repeat it. But on Sunday night, he picked up his Elmo book and said Elmo without any prompting!!! I was so proud of him. It's truly amazing to watch their little brains in action!

We are officially DONE with bottles. They are all put far far away and he didn't even notice! Such a rockstar! He's drinking whole milk with some meals and with snacks.

We are so close to walking it's not even funny! He wants you to walk around holding his hands constantly and gets a little upset when you stop!! He LOVES to laugh and talk. He's such a vocal little man! It won't be long before we're having full on conversations with him!

We had another event at our house this weekend. On Sunday, Nick got a crazy idea to change up our car situation. I was driving the '03 Highlander with almost 150k miles on it and he had his '08 Escape with low miles. However, I was not a fan of that car and didn't want to drive it myself. Nick had been wanting something bigger, and didn't like the idea of me driving around in the older, higher mileage car, but our original agreement was to wait until his car was paid off, then I would get a new car and he'd keep driving the Escape.

Over a month or so of randomly discussing our options, Nick had this impulsive idea that he wanted to see about selling my car and him buying an older, bigger car for himself. I would then take his car and get a new one. I had been eyeing the Ford Edge for awhile. Well, once he gets an idea in his head, he just goes after it full force and by Sunday night (the idea started Sunday morning), he found a Ford dealership that had an older Tahoe like he wanted and a 2011 Ford Edge like I wanted.

By Monday evening, we had test driven both cars, worked out most of the details for should we decide to move forward and the Edge was sitting in our driveway as I needed time to think and really get a feel for the car. Nick is very impulsive and I am not. When I really really want something, I'll know it. But that is a rare occasion. Normally it's looking at every possible place that sells whatever I'm wanting before I make a decision. And 'big' purchases completely send me into a panic. So you can imagine that I was a little maxed out on Monday. 2 'new' cars and you wanna do it like right now?!

Luckily, I listened to him and as of last night, I am the proud owner of a 2011 Ford Edge Limited. She's white and just gorgeous! The inside is a little like a spaceship. Touchscreen everything, dual AC/heat in the front, my phone like works through the car! All these features I may never fully understand, but seem great to have! The most exciting so far is the ability to change the color of the interior lights from a range of like 6 colors! We are currently on pink and it's pretty sweet! Anyway, without further ado...here she is!

My next blog will most likely be as the mother of a 1 year old!! Hopefully with a full run down of the party (if I make it out alive!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment