Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Finding his words!

10 Months - ummmm, how can that be right?!

Well folks sorry for the lack of post last week, but I'll be honest, for once - ya didn't miss much. The first part of the week was filled with a very tired, fussy, cranky little man! Very unusual for us so I thought it was some teeth coming through, but so far, haven't seen them!!

Over the weekend we went to the St. Patty's Day Parade...well, let me correct that, we were IN the parade! Nick's entire family was in for his aunt's 50th birthday! It was nice weather and it was so much fun! LOTS and I mean LOTS of walking. But Brock was a total champ. We were out there for a long time and I was so afraid we'd lose him to either hunger or tiredness as we were walking during both lunchtime and naptime. We were prepared with snacks and a bottle, however, he just wanted to people watch! He LOVED the parade! He was so quiet and just taking it all in as we walked down the street in his St. Patrick's Day decorated stroller (sorry, no picture!). However, I did get a couple of pics from the day:
Here is Brock with his 'Mom's Lucky Charm' shirt and the headband he really was not fond of wearing!
 Here is Erin and I in our 'attire'. My tutu that I made and the veil I made her...gotta get her practice in for the big day!

After the parade, when we FINALLY got to our car after the longest walk of our lives, we were all starving! Luckily, Brock slept most of the way back to the car in his stroller so potential drama #1 avoided. I was SURE he was starving, but he totally content in the car. We went out for lunch and ordered him some food, but he barely ate it! He just was having so much fun with the day, he could care less about eating! We got home and CRASHED...we were all so exhausted, but it was such a great day, and wonderful memories for Brock's first St. Patty's Day!

Sunday was sort of errand running day and we decided to throw a little barbeque together at 'Brock's park' by our house. There is a small grill and covered area with a table there and we are always saying we should invite some friends down to grill out. We did it on Sunday and Kristin, Brett and Madison and Tracy, Matt, Carter and Marlee all came down. The kids had a BLAST! Madison likes to swing as much as Brock does so we decided to put them in the swing together! As you can see, they were a little confused!!

Cynthia had a family emergency and had to leave town at the last minute which meant Mommy had to work from home for a couple of days. I was a little nervous as he's so mobile now I was afraid I wouldn't get much done. However, I was able to get everything done that I needed and get to spend some extra time with my sweet angel boy!! I cherish any extra minutes I get with him so it was a blast. 

He's become quite the little comedian. He does a 'Donald Duck' sounding voice that is just hilarious. He has mastered 'uh oh' and says it all the time! He also is quite the mama's boy right now. At the parade if anyone else was holding him, he would mostly be ok until he saw me...then he wanted Mama. If I walk by at home and don't pick him up or acknowledge him you'd think I had just taken a bottle away from him! It can be full on meltdown in no time! As much as everyone else hates it, I am loving it! I know this time will fly by and I'm going to enjoy it while I can!!

He can now fully get himself sitting up from pretty much any position. He's gotten a lot better at standing and is starting to pull up on things. Right now it's just to his knees, but sometimes he'll get himself in what Nick calls a 'football stance' where his legs are straight and his arms are straight like he's in a 'V', but he can't get all the way up. It won't be long before he's trying to walk!! I don't know if I'm ready!!! 

When he wakes up in the mornings, he sits up and just plays and talks in his crib. He's such a patient and sweet little man! Eating has been a little hit or miss. Some days he loves everything and other days he just screams through the whole meal. It's a work in progress at this point. I hope we aren't forcing him to eat solids if he's not ready. He just seemed to be 'over' the baby food about a month or so ago, so we switched over to a sort of half and half. Now if I'm making a dinner that's not too seasoned or spicy, I'll make him a little plate. Sometimes it's great, sometimes not. LOL! 

We start swim lessons in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to see him splashing around. Bath time is his favorite thing right now so I hope he feels the same about swimming!

1 comment:

  1. So fun that you got to be IN the parade! I can't get over how adorable Brock is!

    ReplyDelete