Friday, November 18, 2011

Happy Half Birthday!!

6 MONTHS OLD!!!

I can't believe my sweet angel boy is 6 months old today! As I've probably said before, on one hand, it feels like he's been here forever and on the other, it seems like these past 6 months have gone so unbelievably fast!!

We are heading to the doctor this afternoon to get his stats so I'll be back next week to post them.

Today, I just wanted to take a minute and reflect on the best 6 months of my life. (Warning: cliches, gushiness and possible tears ahead).

Brockie boy, you have changed our whole world in a way I never knew possible. As cliche and over-used as it sounds, I don't think I fully knew true love until you came along. You are the light of my life and I thank God EVERY DAY that you are not only healthy, happy and beautiful, but that I get to be your Mommy. I am so incredibly humbled, honored and blessed to get the opportunity to not only be a Mommy, but to be yours. You are the most fun, sweetest, cutest, happiest, funniest and overall best baby out there! You have brought so much joy and love into our entire family. There is no amount of words in the entire world that could ever fully express how much I love you and how much you mean to me and your Daddy, but we hope to show you every day!

I can't wait to watch you grow and continue to learn. We have already seen so many 'firsts' and I hope we have a lifetime more with you! You make us proud of you every day and have already given us so much just by being you! I will forever cherish every moment and 'little thing' we get to do with you!

While you are growing up so fast, I promise to try and really slow down and take it all in. Your first holiday season kicks off in about a week and the holidays have taken on such a whole new meaning and focus now. It's all about you and I love it! I can't wait to see your reaction when you try sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving, or when you see the Christmas tree lit up for the first time. I'm so excited for you to learn about Christmas (the real reason and the fun parts). I'm anxious to see how you'll react when you see your first snowfall. You have made everything so much more special and exciting and are allowing your Daddy and I to re-live things we take for granted!! Thank you for that gift!!

I love you, I love you, I love you with all my heart!!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment