Monday, November 28, 2011

6 month stats and Thanksgving

6 months, 2 weeks

Soooo, I failed and missed last week's post!! Sorry about that!! It was a crazy week for the Barbosas, but isn't that what the holidays are about?!

Anyway, as promised, here are some 6 month stats on Mr. Brock:
- Height: 27" - 65%
- Weight: 19.9 lbs - 80%
- Head - still rockin' the 90th percentile head!! LOL!
- He is now fully wearing 9 month clothes and even some 12 month outfits
- He sits up completely on his own and can usually catch himself if he starts to fall
- He is a TALKER! He loves to just gab and gab all the time
- He has started sleeping on his stomach - he rolls over no matter how many time we 'fix' him back onto his back, we just leave him now b/c he seems to prefer his tummy
- He has FINALLY started rolling from his tummy to his back, not often, but he'll do it
- Foods he's tried: Rice cereal (loved), oatmeal (loved), sweet potatoes (unsure at first, but loved), peas (HATES so far)
- He has started getting a sippy cup of water with his 'meal' and he loves it! He more likes to play with the cup, but he feels like a big boy!

Now, on to our busy last couple of weeks!! We'll start with our 'first' Thanksgiving meal in Wichita. Brock got his shots (and a flu shot) on Friday before we left town which worked in our favor as he slept the ENTIRE drive down there. However, he was just not himself for most of the trip. He was sleepy, fussy and just not his usually  happy little self. By Sunday morning, he was totally back to normal! He had a blast playing with his cousins and sitting on the floor with toys like a big boy!

Last week was actually Thanksgiving. It was a crazy week for us as I had to make tons of food for both Thanksgiving meals, and had to make goodies for Nick's grandma's 85th birthday party on Saturday. Wednesday I was lucky to get off work early and Brockie and I headed home. I had planned to start getting the baking done that I needed for the next day, but I ended up laying on the couch with my little angel and I'm so glad I did. It was one of the rare down moments I had all weekend and we both ended up falling asleep on the couch! I woke up and got straight to work, making cookies, made from scratch bread dough, dinner for us that night. Oh, and did I mention we had Nick's cousins coming to stay with us over the weekend with their 2 kids? Yeah, so cleaning had to get thrown in there too!! LOL!

Thursday (Thanskgiving day) was a complete whirlwind. I was convinced that I somehow messed up the bread dough for the rolls...so much that my OCD self couldn't even sleep! Then it hit me at about 5 am that I didn't even have a rolling pin to roll out the dough! So after a couple of hours of trying to get back to sleep, I gave up at 7 and ran to Price Chopper. I was so thankful that they were not only open, but that I grabbed the LAST rolling pin they had! Whew, crisis averted. Until I realized my bread dough that I had put in the fridge (after rising the night before) wasn't rising. I totally pulled a rookie moved and panicked. I threw it out and just started over! LOL! While it was a ton of work, the rolls were actually really yummy!! Once everything was done, we headed over to my mom's for Thanksgiving lunch. It was wonderful and we had a great time. After dinner, we just relaxed before loading up and heading over to Nick's Aunt Carol's for dessert with his family. We finally got home around 8:30 and somehow, I was WIRED! I went crazy cleaning and trying to finish up some things.

Friday was probably my favorite day of the whole weekend. Thanks to our crazy cleaning Thursday night, the house was ready to be Christmas-ized! I wanted the house decorated before our guests came since I knew we wouldn't have any time to do it otherwise. It was wonderful. Nick tackled the outside lights and I handled all the inside stuff (tree, stockings, garlands, etc). It was that perfect overcast, cold looking, windy, wintry kind of day outside. The kind of day where it's perfect to stay inside and snuggle. Brock fell asleep on the couch right as I was starting the tree and woke up in sheer amazement at the final product. I heard him wake up and looked over and I'll never forget his sweet little face. He had his head lifted up off the couch, eyes and mouth wide open just staring at the tree and all the lights! As silly as it sounds, that's a moment I hope I don't ever forget. That's exactly why I was so eager to decorate! I knew my little man would love it and he did!! We went out for dinner that night with Drew and Erin and then made a quick run to Target (where we got some AWESOMELY random deals) and then drove around to look at Christmas lights. Brock, as usual, was a total champ the whole time!

Saturday was crazy! I think Brock sensed it so he slept in until 9 am!! A new record and Mommy was VERY appreciative! We had a couple quick errands to run and then headed home so I could get started on the snacks for the party that night. Nick's cousins were originally due in at 12 but luckily didn't get there until 3, giving me time to cook and shower. They have 2 little ones, Jayden (2.5 years) and Naomi (one week older than Brock). It was SO FUN to see them all together. Brock and Naomi are so close in size and they just laid on the floor together and it was adorable!! Everyone loved Brock at the party and of course, he let everyone love on him and snuggle him and show him off!

Yesterday was a wonderful 'down' day. We all just relaxed on the couch all day and it was a much needed break!

We have another crazy week coming up! Nick's cousin Freddie (same one from this past weekend) is coming to stay with us for a week while he works on the railroad in Bonner Springs. We have been asked to be in a commercial for our wedding venue (The Sawyer Room) and we are taping that tomorrow. We have my parents coming in town this weekend for our annual Plaza shopping trip (can't WAIT for Brock's first trip to the Plaza!!)

The holidays are always a crazy busy, but yet somehow fun time for us!! I hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment