Monday, February 4, 2013

My favorite words...

20 months, 1 week

Brock started uttering my favorite words I've ever heard him say this weekend 'Love you'. He used to say 'I love you' but it was always only copying someone else and I don't think he knew what it meant. We were leaving Gary and Judy's on Friday and as we always do we said 'Say bye-bye. Say Love You.' Usually he never does...he'll wave and maybe actually say bye-bye when we're already in the car. But sure enough he said 'bye bye. Love you'. It was the cutest, sweetest, most heart-melting moment.

So over the weekend, it just progressed from 'love you' to 'love you mama', 'love you dada' and then 'love you (fill in family member here)'. I got him on video saying 'Love you Poppy. Love you Meme' and sent it to my Dad, I got him saying 'Love you Mia' and sent it to my sister. I got him saying 'Love you Grammie' but since my mom has a phone from 1905, I couldn't send her the video. Luckily, he said it to her OVER the phone so she actually got to hear it.

We were crazy busy with house-related things over the weekend and poor Brock was stuck getting dropped off at one Grandma's after the other while we handled some house business. We think we should have some good news to share soon...but you'll just have to wait and see!

Yesterday we went to the annual Superbowl party at Nick's aunt and uncle's house. Brock was so tired and a little overwhelmed but had a blast playing with his cousin Ryan and all his fun toys! We headed home at halftime right at the start of a full on melt down. We thought he was just tired until we got in the car and realized he was pushing and straining really hard. Like he was stopped up. He cried the ENTIRE 20 minutes back home, which is incredibly rare for him.

It made me realize how lucky we are that we got such an easy baby. I know there are parents who deal with those fits all the time or just have hard to please kiddos that cry a lot. You could definitely feel the tension and nerves in the car while he was wailing away, but we tried to stay calm until we got home. We gave him gas drops, Tylenol and his allergy medicine to try and fix whatever the problem was. I rocked him to sleep but he kept waking up every 30 mins or so crying or fussing. Finally I brought him in bed with us for awhile and I rubbed and pushed on his little tummy to try and work out the gas or whatever it was. It must have helped because he let out a long toot and was a completely different kid almost right away. Poor little guy. There is absolutely nothing worse than seeing your child in pain and not being able to help them! Luckily, he went right to sleep in his bed after that and not a peep for the rest of the night.

He has started singing along to songs in the car and it is the cutest ever! He usually only pick up words he knows 'yeah' 'oh', etc. It's pretty funny!

He has almost started to grow out of his 2T clothes! Looks like it might be about time for a wardrobe upgrade!

No comments:

Post a Comment