Monday, July 2, 2012

Aspiring nudist?

13 months, 3 weeks

Ladies and gents, we have a future streaker on our hands! Since it's been sooooo ridiculously hot here lately, we've been letting Brock sleep in just his diaper. Full on white-trash baby style! Our house is old and has terrible insulation so his room gets so hot! We keep a fan on him at night, but to make sure he can sleep comfortably, we've let the pj's take a little summer vacay. So far, it hasn't been a problem at all. Until Saturday night. We put him down as normal, all seemed fine. I went in to peek at the monitor and just check on him and saw a nice full moon!! His sweet little naked booty, straight up in the air! Nick and I went in and couldn't help but laugh at his little naked body laying ON TOP of his diaper. We finally composed ourselves and got his diaper back on. We thought it was a one time occurrence until this morning when we woke up to those sweet little cheeks again! Lesson learned - we'll be putting shorts on over the diapers from now on. But I gotta say - that little booty is the cutest thing I've ever seen!

He has been walking more and more and every day he gets a little better. We had 2 birthday parties this weekend and the first was at an indoor place that had lots of those blow up bouncy houses. Ok, in our day they were just blue/yellow/red squares of death with mesh walls. Now, they have these amazing, HUGE contraptions for kids (and adults) of all ages! I'm talking pirate ships and princess castles, huge obstacle courses, etc. They had one small one for Brock's age group, along with a little plastic house. Nick took him in to a couple of the bigger ones and he had fun. But I think what he loved most was the rubber floor. He took full advantage to practice the walking skills! The floor was hard enough for him to get good balance, but soft enough for any crash landings. He had a blast walking around, watching the other kiddos and eating almost an entire cupcake and getting icing all over his face! (See below)

He learned some fun new words this past week:
'party' - he's had lots of parties to go to lately and now he can say it!
'water' - when he sees a water bottle
'cheese' sounds more like 'eeeee' - he understands that it goes with the camera, but doesn't quite realize you say it when the camera is pointing AT you. Sometimes he waits until the camera is already gone to say it.
'pee pee' - yup, he's a boy, bet you can guess what that one is for
'more' - when he wants more (this weekend specifically it was spaghetti)


I've started 'menu planning' our meals every week. I read it was helpful for saving $$ on groceries (totally true) but it's also helped me organize my brain for meals. Being a full time working mama, if I don't have dinner planned out at least the day before, I'm scrambling. And then I'm usually missing half the stuff I need for the meal. This way, I have everything planned out (weekend lunches and dinners included) and so when I hit the store, I get ONLY what I need for that week. It's saved money not only from not just hap-hazardly buying random things at the store and hoping they make a full meal, but also on keeping us from going out to eat so much on weekends.

An added bonus I didn't plan on with it, was eating healthier. I'm still on Weight Watchers to lose the last 20 or so pounds of baby weight (and hopefully more)  so I have to find meals that are relatively healthy. Well, it's rubbed off not only on us, but even on Brock! I've been trying to feed him as healthily as possible anyway, but now eating at home more and having more fresh produce around from making weekly trips to the store, helps him get full balanced meals. I love the feeling of seeing him eat as many fresh, non-processed and healthy foods as possible! One day, I won't have much of a say in what he likes so while I still get to pick what he eats, I plan on keeping it as healthy as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment