Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year

7 months, 2 weeks

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you were able to ring in the new year doing whatever makes you happy, with the people you love!! We went over to Uncle Drew/Aunt Erin's house and hung out. It was low key and perfect! Brock was able to sleep in the guest bedroom and at midnight I went in to give him a little midnight kiss and he just happened to be awake! It was perfect!

As the year came to an end, it felt odd to be celebrating the last day of the year Brock was born! It has gone so fast and been such an amazing 7 months. He makes every day better, brighter and more special. I always knew I wanted to be a mommy but nothing prepared me for how much I would love it and how much it would change me as a person. It has made me more patient, more sympathetic, less worried about drama and negativity and just happier overall. It's the greatest gift ever!

This week, Brock is on apples and he LOVES, I mean LOVES them! They are definitely his new favorite! He has started shaking his head 'no' and loves to laugh at Oscar. He's so funny and we can just watch him for hours!

I wanted to start it much sooner, but it sort of got away from me, but we are going to try and do some sign language with him. Just little things like 'more', 'all done', 'eat', 'bathe', 'sleep', 'please' and 'thank you'. I know many of these signs from my mom, but Nick will have to learn them too and we have to be committed to using them! I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment